Hyatt Human Resources Manager (Talent Development) in CALGARY, Canada
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive colleagues who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences.
We have an exciting opportunity Human Resources opportunity. Reporting to the Director of HR and Colleague experience this position is accountable for the strategy, creation, maintenance, evaluation, and overall success of talent acquisition and learning and development programs.
The successful incumbent will be instrumental in building out the Talent Development programming for the organization. Supporting the development of high caliber talent to deliver to the organizations goals, the HR Manager, Talent Development will bring proven and comprehensive experience in program development and implementation in the Talent Management area. Working closely with the Director of HR and Colleague Engagement, the incumbent will collaborate with business leaders in developing the right talent at the right time and in the right way to drive organizational success.
- Establish and manage all talent development and mobility operating tools to facilitate talent pool development, succession readiness and rotation management, including a review of the in-house mentorship program.**
- Establish a training strategy and approach that will deliver the best return on investment, whilst establishing a resourcing strategy to support the talent development required across the organization
- Creatively analyze, design, develop, implement and evaluate learning experiences based on instructional theory and best practices.
- Initiate, scope, plan, communicate, and control project development, budget and execution to achieve specific goals and meet the project success criteria.
- Establish and drive a talent focused and high performance culture within the organization by developing and implementing learning and training strategies
- Assess and prioritizing training and development in order to support the organization strategic direction.
- Develop and execute capabilities, competencies and skills assessment programs aligned with organizational workforce and talent plans
- Translate strategic business needs, capabilities and talent requirements into operational work plans and ensure that work is allocated, monitored and delivered to plan
- Develop, review and approve processes to ensure training requests are aligned with business objectives and/or career development plans
- Deliver an integrated set of talent development programs and create learning partnerships with appropriate third parties in industry, while also facilitating in-house learning programs to build talent
- Develop and implement best practice evaluation methodologies and leverage evaluation summary reports to demonstrate return on investment for training programs to business leader Hyatt colleagues work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it's career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
* Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Learning and Development field (preferably corporate training, technology, HR and/or organizational development) * A Bachelors’ Degree is required, preferably in Human Resources, Organizational Behaviour, Adult Learning or other related HR discipline. * A Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) designation and/or a Certified Talent Management Practitioner (CTMP) or Certified Training and Development Professional (CTDP) certification will be highly considered * Strong understanding of current adult learning principles and emerging trends * Working knowledge of applications/tools used in development of training (such as MS Office, Project Management software) and experience of working with eLearning software * Working knowledge of employment information systems * Strategic thinker who can conceptualize Training and Development strategy, then create practical approach to accomplish it based on stakeholder timelines and objectives * Collaborative relationship builder who can negotiate with internal clients and external vendors to achieve excellent results under tight restrictions. * Possess a strong knowledge of learning principles as they relate to workplace education to support the execution of best in class learning & development programs for the Hyatt. * Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to work independently under minimal supervision * Flexible, detail-driven, proactive self-starter that is able to learn and modify approaches * A team player with the ability to adapt in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment * Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Primary Location: CA-AB-Calgary
Organization: Hyatt Regency Calgary
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Human Resources
Req ID: CAL001863
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.