Hyatt Administrative Assistant II - Hyatt Place & Hyatt House Operations in CHICAGO, Illinois
- Performs administrative duties for executive management. Responsibilities include screening calls; managing calendars; making travel, meeting and event arrangements; preparing reports and operational/financial data; assisting in preparing training materials; collaborating with other support staff; and customer relations.
- In collaboration with executives, provide the RVP’s Select Hotel Operations, Americas with insights and market intelligence to help shape strategy and tactics in all areas.
- When necessary, involved in high-level associate and guest relations issues including service recovery and communication.
- Monitors the progress of Strategic Priorities and support the field to address underperforming areas as needed.
- Serve as liaison between Executives and General Managers, 3rd party management companies and Owners in business review meetings and owner relations in collaboration with colleagues at Hyatt in the areas of Sales, Field Marketing and Revenue Management.
- Is responsible for the communication and financial tracking and receipt for successful opening of new hotels.
- Visits hotels on a periodic basis to gain insight on operations and initiatives with General Managers, hotel leadership team & hotel colleagues.
- Supports and fosters an environment of creativity and innovation aligned with our brand standards and initiatives.
- Become proficient in related technology use (KRONOS, MarkView, Hyatt Connect, GEM, Colleague Advantage, Reimagining Check In, etc.) to support positive impact of NPS and supporting metrics.
- Execute trip reports reinforcing that the hotels are a true and authentic representation of the relevant brand image as defined by the Hyatt Brand Lens.
Handling, facilitating and coordinating requests/issues that surface with our hotel community, which need attention and successful resolution.
Act as a point of contact between the executives and internal/external clients
- Undertake the tasks of receiving calls, take messages and routing correspondence
- Attend meetings with executives taking minutes and communicating same to attendees
- Maintain executives calenders, arrange meetings and appointments and provide reminders
- Make Travel arrangements
- Produce reports, presentations and briefs
- Produce communication and financial tracking and fund receipt relating to new hotel openings
- Occasional hotel visits for brand immersion and project immersion
- Produces Trip Reports
- Demonstrate proficiency in technical systems supporting Hyatt Corporation
- Reinforce “Purpose” with colleagues.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Hyatt core values
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary
Demonstrate a commitment to Hyatt core values.
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
- Proven experience as an executive administrative assistant, senior executive assistant or in another secretarial position.Experience
- 3 years administrative experience
- Proven ability to project a professional image and shown capability of working independently
- Track record of good judgment and critical thinking
- Ability to manage multiple, and at times competing, projects
- HS Diploma required, some college courework preferred
- Fluent in MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. For PowerPoint, the ability to adeptly create slides, presentations and charts is required a strong plus.
- Oral and Written Communications – Communicates effectively at all levels both verbally and in writing; responds appropriately to verbal and non verbal cues; can succinctly get messages across that have the desired effect.
- Interpersonal Savvy – relates well to all kinds of people up, down, sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport, builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse high-tension situations comfortably.
- Organizing– Can marshal resources (people, funding, material support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and files in a useful manner.
- Attention to Detail – Keen eye for fine points and accuracy
- Customer Focus – Views every customer contact as an opportunity to add value and enhance relationships. Considers the impact on customers the barometer to use in decision making.
- Enthusiasm - Treats every situation with a positive, "can do" attitude. When challenges arise, acts and responds constructively to bring about a positive solution.
- Ethics and Values – Adheres to an appropriate (for the setting) and effective set of core values and beliefs
- during both good and bad times; acts in line with those values; rewards the right values and disapproves of
- others; practices; practices what she/he preaches.
- Personal Integrity and Trust – is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Learning on the Fly – Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; grasps the essence and the underlying structure of things.
Primary Location: US-IL-Chicago
Organization: Hyatt Corporate Office
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: CHI008382
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.