Hyatt IT Financial Planning Business Analyst in CHICAGO, Illinois
Summary As an IT financial planning business analyst supporting the Global Planning and Program Management team within the Hyatt Technology group, this individual will be responsible for driving a number of activities related to Hyatt’s Project Management Office and Metrics Programs. The role will help assist the team in four areas: 1) annual financial planning activities, 2) financial analysis and modeling of IT initiatives, and 3) support the Strategic Program Manager initiative, and 4) project coordination ad-hoc IT special projects. These areas will involve analyzing and consolidating hotel budget guidance, analyzing project financials, analyzing and consolidating proposed project business cases, measuring projected business benefit outcomes, close alignment with the IT Finance team, and basic project management/coordination skills. The individual will be expected to monitor and evolve the processes governing these areas. The Business Analyst will also apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help the team make good technology and financial decisions. The successful candidate should have excellent time management skills, produce quality work, have expertise in Excel, be a self-starter, and be effective at managing multiple projects and priorities.
- Assist in the annual hotel capital planning process - The analyst will help facilitate the annual hotel operational and capital expense budgeting process by gathering expenses from the IT stakeholders, providing feedback, consolidating the data points, and distributing the data in various formats to the various downstream stakeholders.
- Assist in the IT business case selection process – the analyst will help facilitate the process of collecting business case ideas for the upcoming year by providing feedback, consolidating and prioritizing all the business case ideas, preform analysis of financial impact to the various funding sources, and help facilitate the approval process with the various departments.
- Drive business benefits realization for IT initiatives – take baseline and final measurements and analyze how much of the benefits were realized when compared to the business case.
- Create large project financial payback/recovery modeling – Create multi-year financials models for new IT initiatives on how they could be recovered from the hotels.
- Help prepare and improve the Hotel Budget guidance process and data presentation for the Hotel Technology Service Fee – Analysis would include year over year per hotel analysis, underlying cost driver change analysis, respond to cost questions from the field.
- Monitor the IT billings process – this involves monitoring and reporting on the Hyatt professional service billings as well as one-off project billings. The Hyatt professional services billings also requires analysis of forecasting to budget and actuals to budget.
- Contract labor and project spend analysis – This task involves organizing the Fieldglass charge codes, analysis of actual spend versus projected spend and general Fieldglass maintenance.
- Maintain IT Cost Change log – help gather IT cost variances, their explanations, and the creation of IT Steering Committee materials.
- Analyze Forecasting accuracy – this task involves monitoring forecasting accuracy at different points in time for budget items (ops product lines or projects), capturing variance explanation, trend analysis, and categorization of budget items.
- Consolidate 3 to 6 IT Cost Roadmaps – involves soliciting, consolidation, analysis, and providing feedback on IT cost roadmaps on a per product basis.
- Streamline existing financial process - After learning the existing landscape, this resource should look for ways to streamline the financial process if possible.
- Required:Prior experience as a financial analyst, business/data analyst experience, basic understanding of Project Management principles, , advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, strong written and verbal communication, ability to learn quickly (business processes, technologies specific to project, etc.). Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting or finance.
- Preferred:Ability to write Excel Macros in VBA, Essbase/Hyperion, basic understanding of Project Management principles, working knowledge of relational database concepts, knowledge of the SDLC (software development lifecycle), and hospitality experience.
- Required:Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting or finance.
Computer Skills Needed to Perform this Job
- Required:Expert in Excel
- Preferred:Ability to write Excel Macros in VBA, Essbase/Hyperion, and working knowledge of relational database concepts
Additional Comments and Requirements
Required Personal Skills
- Able to learn and apply new concepts quickly (e.g. business processes, technologies, etc.)
- Experience with project management methodologies with flexibility to adapt
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel (advanced knowledge of pivot tables and using formulas is a must)
- Able to exercise independent judgment and take action on it.
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Primary Location: US-IL-Chicago
Organization: Hyatt Corporate Office
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: CHI008386
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.