Hyatt Platform Operations Engineer in CHICAGO, Illinois
Summary Hyatt is currently seeking a Platform Operations Engineer to provide technical support for Hyatt.com and its other customer centric applications. The ideal person for this position is skilled and passionate about solving technical problems while focusing on the guest experience.
The Platform Operations team is responsible for the daily support and maintenance of the production and test environments needed to run hyatt.com. As a primary responsibility, the team ensures Hyatt.com is operating within expected page response time, error rates, and availability. Team members report incidents and problems to both internal Hyatt Business and Product Owners as well as external vendors. Platform Operations works closely with the development team and third party vendors to identify and resolve critical production issues. Additionally, the team supports the Content Management Systems used to display digital assets on Hyatt.com. Team members collaborate to establish new technical operational strategies in cooperation with infrastructure technology teams. Also, the team works with the Platform Engineering team on test and production deployments using Agile methodologies. Individuals with an “automate everything” mentality will flourish in Platform Operations, where this is a strong push to automate operational procedures, deployments, and repeatable tasks.
The Platform Operations Engineer will report to the Manager, Platform Operations in the Global Operations Center at Hyatt’s corporate offices located in downtown Chicago.
- Change, Incident, and Problem management including Root Cause Analysis
- Establish and monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for website and application operations
- Provide Tier 3 Production 24x7 on-call support (rotation)
- Perform software releases using established automated procedures
- Improve and document operational and troubleshooting procedures
- Automate repeatable and frequent operational processes and procedures
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties or responsibilities may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
The ideal candidate should enjoy a challenging, fast paced environment with a focus on quality, operational excellence and industry leading innovation. Additionally, the ideal candidate should have excellent interpersonal skills, be able to work in a team environment and contribute as an individual. The candidate should be results driven, a self-starter, and effective at prioritization.
- 2 years of experience with hands on production application support
- Experience with Bash, Python, Perl or similar scripting language
- Experience with configuration management tools like Ansible, Chef, or Puppet
- Working knowledge of supporting UNIX systems
- Experience with New Relic Application Performance Monitoring Tool
- Experience with Akamai Content Delivery Technologies
- Experience with Splunk Enterprise analytics platform
- Working knowledge of incident, problem, and change management best practices
- Strong business and technical acumen being able to effectively communicate with others
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Large scale e-commerce industry experience
- Experience with the implementation and management of procedures in a technical operations environment, including managing and reporting on quality and operational metrics
- Experience with Docker or other container based platforms
- Experience with Dynatrace/Gomez application monitoring tools
- Experience with Stash/Bitbucket, SVN, or similar code repository tool
- Experience configuring Nagios or similar monitoring tools
- Experience with APIs and integrating software, SOA, and integration framework
- Experience with Adobe Experience Manager, CQ5.5/5.6/6.1
- Experience in the creation and/or execution of Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery plans
- Working knowledge of databases and ability to write SQL queries
- Solid understanding of data security, networks, mobile apps, and mobile web
- Preferred candidate is passionate about the hospitality industry
Primary Location: US-IL-Chicago
Organization: Hyatt Corporate Office
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: CHI008560
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.