Hyatt Senior Operations and Data Engineer in CHICAGO, Illinois
Hyatt is seeking a Senior Operations and Data Engineer for our Real Time Analytics Engineering team to provide operational oversight for Hyatt's Real-time Data platform. This is a groundbreaking team which endeavors to impact customer experience from end-to-end, applying multivariate testing techniques to both digital and on-premise experiences. Real Time Analytics is responsible for driving personalized experience for all users, applying data science models and machine learning to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd party data sets in an effort to drive customer satisfaction. Paired with Product, Engineering, and Data Science, the engineer will play an important role for all Site Reliability Engineering, Software Engineering, Release Engineering, and Middleware Engineering for the Real Time Analytics distributed computing platform.
The ideal candidate for this position is someone who is skilled and passionate about DevOps, Data, Storage, automation, best practices, and is eager to fill the gaps in his or her toolbox.
The Real Time Analytics Engineering team is responsible for the strategy, architecture, methodology, maintenance, and integration of Real Time solutions across all of Hyatt's offerings. As a member of this team, one can expect to provide input as we partner with all business functions to help build a digital culture at Hyatt.
A partial, unordered list of desired skills includes Hadoop, Hive, HBase, Ambari, Spark, NiFi, Docker, Rundeck, Python, and Java.
This position is located in downtown Chicago.
- Manage the Site Reliability Engineering needs of the data flow platform
- Coordinate and oversee real-time monitoring to ensure stability of software systems
- Build tools to automate, monitor, and report on health and status
- Configuration and maintenance of tools required for efficient delivery
- Produce and analyze performance and problem reports on a regular basis to assist engineers with troubleshooting and software improvement
- Manage the Release Engineering needs of the data flow platform
- Development of Continuous Integration best-practices
- Maintain relationships with Middleware vendors
- Provide Tier-3 support, when needed, if critical incidents occur within production platforms
- Develop software and data schema for ingestion
- Perform Proof of Concepts
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
The ideal candidate will possess some or all of the following skill sets:
- Experience operating big data and data flow solutions like Hadoop, Spark, etc
- Experience with open-source platforms and administration
- Experience with Linux administration and operation
- Solid shell scripting experience
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Delivery tools, such as Jenkins
- Experience implementing and improving existing processes for deployment
- Knowledge of analysis, design and configuration of complex multi-tiered server applications
- Excellent Communication Skills
Desired Skills and Experience
- 4 years of experience in a full-time, data-focused operations role. Previous experience mentoring junior developers.
- B.S. preferred, in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline
- Software Engineering, Architecture, Technical Operations
- Strong Agile experience preferred
- Preferred candidate is passionate about travel and the Hospitality industry
Primary Location: US-IL-Chicago
Organization: Hyatt Corporate Office
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: CHI008385
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.