Hyatt State & Local Tax Manager in CHICAGO, Illinois
This position requires an individual with a minimum of 5 years of experience in indirect taxes at a public accounting (or law) firm or large corporate tax (or legal) department. This individual must have a thorough knowledge of state and local sales, use and occupancy tax laws and regulations. The ideal candidate will have a solid research background and possess strong writing, communication and analytical skills. Prior experience in the hospitality industry and knowledge of the hotel valuation process is a plus. A degree in Accounting or a Finance-related field is required. A CPA or JD is preferred.
- Provide support on tax technical research, documentation and communication of tax policy and procedures to Hotel Finance teams and Corporate Departments.
- Assist with the issuance and update of all state and local sales, use, and occupancy tax manuals.
- Responsible for research and preparation of tax matrices for construction projects.
- Travel to owned hotels in our portfolio to meet with local management, property tax advisors, and property tax assessors in an effort to reduce and manage the assessed values.
- Oversee the personal property tax compliance process and manage the real property tax payments via our property tax website.
- Provide support to Hotel Finance teams and Corporate Departments with respect to property taxes.
- Research and complete special tax projects.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Hyatt core values.
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
- 5 years of experience in a public accounting (law) firm or large corporate tax (legal) department
- Strong background in sales/use, occupancy and property taxes with multijurisdictional exposure preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance-related field
- Master’s Degree or JD preferred
- Certification/licensure in the field of law, accountancy, or taxation (CPA or JD preferred)
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office Products
- Experience using BNA, CCH, Checkpoint and/or other tax related research tools
- Ability and willingness to encourage improvement and innovation
- Ability to travel as required (5-10 times per year)
Primary Location: US-IL-Chicago
Organization: Hyatt Corporate Office
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: CHI008378
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.