Hyatt Materials Officer - Purchasing in HO CHI MINH CITY, Vietnam
- Enforces internal control Policy and Procedure throughout the department, regarding purchasing, receiving, inventory control and issuing processes.
- Assist AM - Materials to establishes and maintains historical data and a library of catalogue referencing suppliers, price list etc.
- Handle all guest and internal customer complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, following through to ensure problems are resolved satisfactorily.
- Maintains daily contact with suppliers on all purchasing matters/ process in a positive manner and immediately report to the Material Manager and AM – Materials any problem with the supplier for timely solutions.
- To assist AM - Materials to ensure that inventory items are stored properly and issued in FIFO rotation to minimise wastage and spoilage.
- Maintain a purchasing schedule to ensure that goods are rotated in the most efficient way to avoid wastage and spoilage.
- Knowledgeable of all cost in the Materials Department and to recommend measures of control.
- Conduct market research on a regular basis to make sure that the hotel is not overpaying for the goods and services
- Advises the Materials Manager and AM – Materials of unusual matter or remarkable cost and recommends alternative solutions/ sources.
- Monitor daily ordering process and ensure all requisitions from the users are attended and goods are received in time for the operation
- Inform AM - Materials of any excessive purchases or consumption of inventory and to recommend practices to reduce such cost.
- Acquires three (3) price quotations from various sources to determine the lowest cost while maintaining the best quality for any item(s) requested by the different departments.
- Help AM - Materials to coordinates purchase specifications for food and beverage in conjunction with purchasing, receiving, and issuing.
- Prepare monthly pricing inventory for further approval by Director of Finance
- Is knowledgeable in statutory legislation in associate and industrial relations .
- Understands and strictly adheres to Rules and Regulations established in the Associate Handbook and the Hotel’s policies concerning fire, hygiene and health and safety.
- Ensures high standards of personal presentation and grooming.
- Attends training sessions and meetings as and when required.
- Carries out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Has relevant experience at least 2 years. Worked in hospitality industry is a plus
- English communication
- Honest and integrity
Primary Location: VN-65-Ho Chi Minh City
Organization: Park Hyatt Saigon
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: HOC000263
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.