Hyatt Chef de Cuisine - Pastry in KUANTAN, Malaysia
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing authentic hospitality and meaningful experiences to each and every guest. Hyatt is a place where high expectations aren't just met-they're exceeded. It's a place of outstanding rewards, where talent opens doors to exciting challenges in the hospitality industry.
You will be required to oversee the smooth running of the kitchen/s without supervision. Supporting the senior chefs with the daily management and food preparation, ensuring maximum quality and profitability. This includes supervision, training, development and coordination of the kitchen brigade as well as effective communication and liaison with other departments.
* Ensuring a high level of consistency of plated desserts, afternoon tea and al a carte options
* Work closely with managers to ensure timely production of quality goods
* Monitor and actively influence expenses in Pastry kitchen
* Taking a creative approach to all pastry products
* Actively engage with employees throughout the division ensuring that they are responsible for
- In-depth skills and knowledge of Pastry Kitchen operations
- Possess strong leadership, communication, organization and relationship skills
- Experience with training, basic financial management and customer service
- Proficient in general computer knowledge
- A true desire to exceed guest expectations in a fast paced customer service environment
- Capable of producing a consistent product in a timely manner
- Strong training and communication skills
- Culinary education and/or on the job training, hotel experience preferred
- Geographic and schedule flexibility preferred
- *Due to strict regulation of Malaysian Immigration and Manpower Department, this position is open for Malaysian Nationals only.
Primary Location: MY-06-Kuantan
Organization: Hyatt Regency Kuantan Resort
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: KUA000638
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.