Hyatt Event Service Manager in KUANTAN, Malaysia
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing authentic hospitality and meaningful experiences to each and every guest. Hyatt is a place where high expectations aren't just met-they're exceeded. It's a place of outstanding rewards, where talent opens doors to exciting challenges in the hospitality industry. Development opportunities and career path options are endless with Hyatt; there's virtually no limit to where your ambition can take you in our world-class organization. Discover your place to shine in our warm, respectful, and inclusive culture.
Goal of the Event Services Manager : Effectively and proactively monitors the daily functions of the Events Department. This is including providing support and guidance to the banquet team, The Catering and Convention Services team, the Convention Services floor department and Banquet Beverage. This also includes working and communicating closely with all hotel departments and to ensure a successful and effective event resulting in a positive guest experience.
The Event Services Manager Responsibilities may include:
- Supports and Manages the Banquet Department while working closely with the Food and Beverage Manager and other hotel departments. Leadership responsibilities may also include Convention Services Set Up and Banquet Beverage.
- Supervise, Empower, Lead, Coach and Motivate the Banquet team including captains, food servers, and lead house attendants towards achieving exceptional guest service results and complete associate engagement
- Responsible for proactively reviewing staffing and equipment needs
- Responsible for ensuring coordination and execution of all events with Culinary, Stewarding, Catering/CS, CS Floor and Beverage
- Responsible for maintaining a high energy, positive, professional appearance
- Responsible for developing innovative and creative décor for Banquet function space
- Responsible for short and long term banquet functions in the front and back of the house
- Creates an environment establishing highest standards of quality service and ensures implementation through effective hiring, training development, promotion and continuous reinforcement.
- Performing daily walk-throughs in banquet department and all function space and storerooms to ensure full compliance with Department of Health regulations and Hyatt Corporate standards
- Ability to develop ideas for special events and holiday functions
- Full Time Management Position that requires full flexibility, including the ability to work weekends and holidays and a varied schedule
- A true desire to understand and anticipate the needs of others in a fast paced environment
- Refined verbal and written communication skills
- Candidates should be extremely creative, innovative, detail oriented and organized
- Hotel experience and a thorough understanding of all levels of banquet service
- Previous experience as a Event Services Manager/Assistant Manager
- Must possess the following strengths: high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leader, effective communicator, strong developer and trainer and effective in providing exceptional customer service
- This position is only applicable for Citizens of Malaysia and Permanent Residents of Malaysia only.
Primary Location: MY-06-Kuantan
Organization: Hyatt Regency Kuantan Resort
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: KUA000650
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.