Hyatt Outlet Manager in MUMBAI, India
· Ensures that the Food and Beverage activities in the outlet are aligned with the respective Corporate Strategy, and that the Hotel Actions have been implemented where appropriate.
· Prepares and updates the Departmental Operations Manuals.
· Conducts regular departmental communications briefing and meetings.
· Ensures that all employees deliver the brand promise and provide exceptional guest service at all times.
· Ensures that employees also provide excellent service to internal customers in other departments as appropriate.
· Handles all guest and internal customer complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, following through to make sure problems are resolved satisfactorily.
· Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
· Personally and frequently verifies that guests in the Outlet are receiving the best possible service.
· Spends time in the Outlet (during peak periods) to ensure that the Outlet is managed well by the respective employees and functions to the fullest expectations.
· Maximises employee productivity through the use of multi-skilling, multi-tasking and flexible scheduling to meet the financial goals of the business as well as the expectations of the guests.
· Focuses attention on improving productivity levels and the need to prudently manage utility/payroll costs within acceptable guidelines ensuring optimum deployment and energy efficiency of all equipment.
· Ensures that the outlet is operated in line with maximising profit while delivering on the brand promise.
· Achieves the monthly and annual personal target and the outlet’s revenue.
· Assists in the preparation of the Annual Business Plan for Food and Beverage.
· Assists in the monthly re-forecasting, involves the respective Heads of Department as appropriate.
· Ensures that all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to financial record keeping, money handling and licensing are adhered to, including the timely and accurate reporting of financial information
· Assists in the inventory management and ongoing maintenance of hotel operating equipment and other assets.
· Manages costs proactively based on key performance indicators, works with the respective Heads of Department as appropriate.
· Ensures new technology and equipment are embraced, improving productivity whilst taking work out of the system.
· Prepares with the Outlet team, a yearly marketing plan which is the basis of the Food and Beverage Annual Marketing Plan.
· Evaluates local, national and international market trends, vendors and other hotel/restaurant operations constantly to make sure that the hotel’s operations remain competitive and cutting edge.
· Continuously seeks Marketing and Public Relations opportunities to increase awareness and ultimately business.
· Ensures that minimum brand standards have been implemented.
· Ensures that all Touches of Hyatt and the Food and Beverage Top 20 are implemented.
· Responds to the results of the Consumer Audit and ensures that the relevant changes are implemented.
· Works closely with other Outlet Managers in a supportive and flexible manner, focusing on the overall success of the hotel and the satisfaction of hotel guests.
· Ensures that Food and Beverage employees work in a supportive and flexible manner with other departments, in a spirit of “We work through Teams”.
· Tastes and monitors the food and beverage products served throughout the operation, provides feedback where appropriate.
· Monitors service and food and beverage standards in the Outlet; works with the Assistant Outlet Managers and Chef de Cuisines to take corrective actions where necessary.
· Conducts frequent and thorough inspections together with the Chef de Cuisine of the Food and Beverage Outlet Operation.
· Frequently verifies that only fresh products are used in food and beverage preparation.
· Assists the Executive Chef/Chef de Cuisine with creative suggestions and ideas.
· Conducts monthly inventory checks on all operating equipment and supplies.
· Liaises with the Kitchen and Beverage Department on daily operations and quality control.
· Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of all food and beverage items in the menu and the ability to recommend Food and Beverage combinations and upsell alternatives.
· Ensures that the outlet is kept clean and organised, both at the front as well as the back of house.
· Liaises and organises with Housekeeping Department that the established cleaning schedules are strictly adhered to.
· Assists in the recruitment and selection of all Food and Beverage employees; follows the hotel guidelines when recruiting and uses a competency-based approach to selecting employees.
· Ensure the punctuality and appearance of all Food and Beverage employees in the Outlet, making sure that they wear the correct uniform and maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene, according to the hotel and department’s grooming standards.
· Maximises the effectiveness of employees by developing each of their skills and abilities through the appropriate training, coaching, and/or mentoring.
· Conducts annual Performance Development Discussions with employees and to support them in their professional development goals.
· Assists in the development of Departmental Trainers through ongoing feedback and monthly meetings.
· Plans and implements effective training programmes for employees in coordination with the Training Manager and Departmental Trainers.
· Prepares and posts the weekly work schedules, making sure that they reflect business needs and other key performance indicators.
· Encourages employees to be creative and innovative, challenging and recognising them for their contribution to the success of the operation.
· Supports the implementation of The People Brand statement, demonstrating and reinforcing Hyatt’s Values and Culture Characteristics.
· Ensures that all employees have a complete understanding of and adhere to employee rules and regulations.
· Ensures that employees follow all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to fire and hazard safety, and security.
· Feedbacks the results of the Employee Engagement Survey and ensures that the relevant changes are implemented.
· Attends and contributes to all training sessions and meetings as required.
· Is knowledgeable in statutory legislation in employee and industrial relations.
· Exercises responsible management and behaviour at all times and positively representing the hotel management team and Hyatt International.
· Maintains strong, professional relationship with the relevant representatives from competitor hotels, business partners and other organisations.
· Reads the hotel's Employee Handbook and have an understanding of and adhere to the hotel's rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to computer resources, fire, hygiene, health and safety.
· Ensures high standards of personal presentation and grooming.
· Responds to changes in the Food and Beverage function as dictated by the industry, company and hotel.
· Carries out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* Degree / Diploma in Hotel Management * Relative Work Experience
Primary Location: IN-MH-Mumbai
Organization: Hyatt Regency Mumbai
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Food and Beverage
Req ID: MUM000601
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.