Hyatt Assistant Front Office Manager (Overnight) in VANCOUVER, Canada
At Hyatt, we believe guests select our hotels because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing authentic hospitality and meaningful experiences to each and every guest. Hyatt is a place where high expectations aren't just met-they're exceeded. It's a place of outstanding rewards, where talent opens doors to exciting challenges in the hospitality industry.
Hyatt Regency Vancouver is seeking a talented, career minded, dedicated guest service professional with a passion for excellence to join our Front Office Management team as the Overnight Assistant Front Office Manager.
The responsibilities of the Overnight Assistant Front Office Manager will include but not limited to: * Manager on Duty (graveyard shift) and oversee the general functions of Front Office, PBX, Housekeeping, Guest Services, Engineering and Security * Able to check in and check out guests * Learn the duties of Assistant Front Office Manager and Night Audit to assist guests and associates (e.g. reports, guest request tracking, etc.) * Responsible for the security of the hotel and responding to emergency situations in conjunction with Engineering and Security during the overnight shift * Assist Rooms departments with their daily duties (Financial Reporting, Goal Tracking, etc.) * Handle guest needs and queries in a polite and professional manner * Assist the Director of Operations with Rooms projects and controls * Provide support for all departments and associates The Overnight Assistant Front Office Manager will have oversight of the front office staff, cash control for agents, staffing needs, and guest services. Additional responsibilities may include training, staff development and scheduling.
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether its career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
You're more than welcome.
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
- Possess a true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to act independently and with minimal supervision.
- Must be available to work graveyard shifts with flexible days off depending on business needs.
- At least one year management or supervisory experience in the hospitality industry. Must have previous hotel Front Office and/or customer service experience.
- Proven strong leadership and coaching skills.
- Must possess excellent and refined communication skills, both written and verbal and with a diverse group of individuals and guests.
- Must be able to make quick and sound decisions and be able to respond to any emergency situations in a mature and professional manner.
- Must possess excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office, spreadsheets, etc.).
- Experience with Opera or other front office software is an asset.
- Previous experience in a unionized environment is preferred.
- Knowledge of a second language is an asset. Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Frequent standing throughout shift
- Frequent walking throughout the shift
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling and lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending stairs and ramps
Primary Location: CA-BC-Vancouver
Organization: Hyatt Regency Vancouver
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Front Office
Req ID: VAN000995
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.