Hyatt In-Room Dining Server in VANCOUVER, Canada
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences.
Hyatt Regency Vancouver is seeking a dedicated customer service individual to join In Room Dining as Regular Server.
In Room Dining Servers are responsible for presenting guest food and beverage preferences timely and to temperature. Servers engage in casual conversation and enhance the experience by their style and service attributes. Other duties include general in room dining preparation, removal of serving trays, and maintaining a sanitary environment.
Candidate must be available to work weekend mornings starting at 6:00 am and evenings starting 4:30pm.
Starting wage for this position $12.67 per hour, after six months wage is at $14.78 per hour, and after one year full wage is $16.89 per hour plus gratuities.
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it's career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
You are more than welcome.
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
- Must have a true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment.
- MUST be available to work various shifts and start at 6am for morning shifts and be able to work late for evening shifts
- Must have BC Food Safe certificate
- Must have BC Serving it Right certificate
- Must possess refined and professional verbal communication skills.
- Must be fluent in the English language
- Must have basic math/calculation skills
- Must have at least one year of previous customer service experience
- Knowledge of a second language is considered an asset
Good knowledge of the city is considered an asset
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying of up to 20lbs
- Occasional kneeling and bending
- Occasional ascending or descending stairs and ramps
- Capable of performing repetitious duties
Primary Location: CA-BC-Vancouver
Organization: Hyatt Regency Vancouver
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Room Service
Req ID: VAN000980
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.