Hyatt Front Office Manager in WAILEA, Hawaii
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences. This position reports to the hotel Rooms Director.
The Front Office Manager is responsible for all duties of the front desk operation which includes: staff training, inter-department communications, and staff scheduling. The Front Office Manager should possess strong communication skills and demonstrate leadership abilities. In addition to assisting in the operation of the Front Office operation and guest services personnel, this position will respond quickly to guest requests and/or complaints in a friendly manner and ensure that appropriate action is taken to guarantee guest satisfaction.
- Responsible for short and long term planning and the management of the hotel’s Front Office operations
- Develop and recommend the budget, labor cost plans and objectives and manages within those approved plans
- Maintain guest room inventory
- Coach and counsel employees to reflect Hyatt Service Standards and Procedures
- Perform all tasks of a Front Office Staff as needed to facilitate service
- Ensure all operations and cash handling are done per policies and procedures
- Maintain excellent communication with the housekeeping department
- Maintain information on prices, rates, specials, packages, programs, etc, while ensuring all staff are trained in all areas
- Analyze, investigate, and resolve guest complaints
- Create expectations, lead people, manage processes, and hold people accountable for the agreed upon activities and time tables
- Insures proper staffing levels for customer service goals
Coach and counsel employees to reflect Hyatt service standards and procedures Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it’s career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
- This is not your typical career opportunity. This is the Hyatt Touch. *
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with people of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds
- 4 years or more of progressive hotel Rooms Management experience (typically with Hyatt)
- With opening hotels, previous hotel pre-opening experience preferred
- Service oriented style with professional presentations skills
- At least 2 years progressive management experience within the Rooms Division of a hotel
- Hotel/Hospitality degree an asset
- Must possess the following strengths: high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leader, effective communicator, effective in providing exceptional customer service and ability to improve the bottom line
- Clear concise written and verbal communication skills in English
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal and administrative skills
Primary Location: US-HI-Wailea
Organization: Andaz Maui at Wailea
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Front Office
Req ID: WAI000763
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.