Hyatt AM Lead Line Cook in AUSTIN, Texas
Built in 1886 as a showpiece for Cattle Baron, Jesse Driskill, the Driskill is a legend in Texas hospitality. The hotel is known throughout Austin for its elite level of service and luxurious accommodations.
The 1886 Café & Bakery is one of the premier Downtown Austin restaurants. Located at the busy corner of Sixth and Brazos streets in Downtown Austin, it remains the social gathering place for visitors and locals alike looking for delicious traditional Texas comfort foods that combine time-honored traditions with contemporary preparation.
The Lead Cook requires good communication skills as well as at least two years of previous line experience. A Culinary degree or related restaurant experience preferred. Candidates should be able to perform all basic and intermediate cooking skills. This person may be required to give direction in the supervisor's absence. This position requires morning, weekend, and holiday availability.
We Offer A Variety Of Benefits:
- Career Growth and Advancement Opportunities
- Medical/Dental/Prescription/Vision Insurance
- $1,000/yr for Educational Assistance
- Discounted Downtown Parking Options & Heavily Reduced Bus Passes
- Discounted Room Nights
- Free Meals in the Staff Cafeteria
- Sick & Vacation Time
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible Schedules
* Requires good communication skills. * 3 years of previous line experience preferred. * Culinary degree or related restaurant experience is preferred. * Candidates should be able to perform all basic and intermediate cooking skills. * Able to work multiple stations in the kitchen. * Requires moderate supervision and training. * Able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays. * Must exhibit a positive attitude and have a passion for teamwork.
Primary Location: US-TX-Austin
Organization: The Driskill
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: AUS004200
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.