Hyatt Cyber Security Operations Intern in CHICAGO, Illinois
At Hyatt Hotels, Cyber Security is a very important part of our mission to take care of people so they can be their best. The Intern – Cyber Security Operations plays a crucial role in completing that mission every day by ensuring the global security of our guests, colleagues, and hotels. As the intern on the CSO team he or she will assist on optimizing Hyatt’s security infrastructure, develops new and novel methods of detecting cyber security incidents, responds to positive detections as the lead incident responder, and hunts for threat actors in the environment proactively.
- Continuously tune and implement new rules and use cases for Hyatt’s Security Incident and Event Monitoring (SIEM) tool.
- Respond to Cyber Security incidents as they are detected, ensuring that attackers are evicted and Hyatt brought out of impact quickly and artfully.
- Provide assistance to CSO team and Cyber Security department, imparting knowledge that improves overall security posture.
- Work with development and operations teams to ensure all relevant system logs are stored appropriately into Hyatt’s SIEM.
- Continuously tune existing log sources and Hyatt’s Host Intrusion Detection System (HIDS) to better detect attackers.
- Use innovation and lateral thinking to “hunt” inside the environment, looking for signs of attacker behavior proactively instead of responding to known incidents.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Hyatt core values.
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
- Relevant Cyber Security experience through course work or by other means.
- Currently pursuing a degree in Information Technology with relevant courses on Cyber Security.
- GPA: 3.0 and above
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Products
- Experience or understanding of core Security concepts
Primary Location: US-IL-Chicago
Organization: Hyatt Corporate Office
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: CHI008707
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.