Hyatt Director, Claims Management in CHICAGO, Illinois
All Loss Prevention Programs and Claims Management Globally.
Claims Management, Litigation Management, Occupational Health, Claims Reduction Project, Operations and Security support, Emergency and Crisis Response, Loss Prevention Training and Public Relations support. Management of 12 Managers and vendors (about 40 FTE) including Third Party Claims Administrator, Insurance Broker Claim Advocacy, Guest and Employee Loss Prevention, Fire Life Safety and International Region resources.
All Loss Prevention Programs and Claims Management Globally
- Responsible for approximately 2,500 Work Comp Claims and 100 Employment Practices Claims with annual spend in excess of $35M
- Hotel Resource Internationally for Work Comp equivalent
- Employers Liability in UK and former UK countries
- Responsible for 500 claims in litigation with an attorney assigned or each claim
- One of the 6 Priority Risk for Hyatt and as presented annually to the Board
- Maintaining brand standards across over 750 hotels in almost 60 countries
- Workplace safety for about 100,000 colleagues globally
- OSHA Compliance US and support local OSHA equivalent by country Internationally
Claims Reduction Project
- Beecher Carlson Zoom Project involving 1 full time and 3 part time contractors
- Proposed savings of over $12M in Work Comp costs over the next 3 years
- Priority Project for Americas and as presented to President Americas, CFO, GC and SVP Finance
Operations and Security support and Emergency and Crisis Response
- Available 24/7/365 to respond to and support any crisis involving colleagues or guests, hotels and disasters, brand, reputation, governmental actors and 3rd parties
- Support and collaboration with VP Security and Director Security EAME
Loss Prevention Training
- Loss Prevention Manual responsibility
- Hotel Training Matrix, Risk Management Training Seminars and Develop International Training
- Mechanization of Training
- Safety National Resources and annual awards
Public Relations Support
- Responding to Colleague and Hotel brand and reputation claims and incidents arising from injuries and workplace conditions related to health and safety
Management of 12 Managers
- 2 Senior and 3 Managers Occupational Health responsible for employee health and safety and the reporting of and management of workplace injuries with the focus on closure of claims and loss prevention associated with prevention of claims
- 1 Work Comp Manager responsible for system wide policies and procedures, vendor management, data management and presentation and identification of opportunities to prevent the frequency and severity of workplace injuries through meaningful chain wide health and safety practices including the management of data from loss prevention vendors
- 6 Area Wellness Managers in New York, Illinois, Northern and Southern California, Hawaii and DC responsible for employee health and safety and the reporting of and management of workplace injuries with the focus on return to work and loss prevention associated with prevention of claims
Management of vendors (about 24 FTE) including:
- Third Party Claims Administrator (12) and run off with 4 historic TPAs responsible for the day to day reporting, resolution managers, administration and closure of Work Comp and Employment Practices Claims
- Insurance Broker Claim Advocacy (2) in Hong Kong and Zurich responsible for claim reporting of Work Comp equivalents and Employment Liability and hotel and Pubilc Relations support for claims and incidents involving workplace safety
- Employee Loss Prevention (5) with 2 different vendors in US, Americas and ASPAC and evaluation and implementation of vendor in EAME
- Fire Life Safety (5) with 3 different engineering vendors globally inspecting all managed hotels for audible and visual fire alarms, smoke detection, central panels, evacuation egress, emergency and crisis management and pumps, risers, valves and sprinkler head design and operation
Demonstrate a commitment to Hyatt core values.
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary
- 10 plus years of supervisory and industry experience
- Continuing Education
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Claims management certification and licensing
- Safety management certification and licensing
- OSHA certification
- Microsoft systems
RMIS systems Additional Comments and Requirements
Ability to operate effectively in a fast paced matrix environment managing up, down and cross-functional.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Executive Leadership.
- Travel 20% to 40% both domestic and international.
- Ability to manage outside vendors and contractors.
- Ability to manage remote employees and contractors.
- Ability to negotiate global agreements.
Primary Location: US-IL-Chicago
Organization: Hyatt Corporate Office
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: CHI009235
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.