Hyatt Director, Global Technology Support in CHICAGO, Illinois
Summary This position is responsible for leading and directing resources and services to strengthen global end-user support operations at Hyatt. This role will be responsible for a 24x7 Service Desk, Network Operations Center (NOC), IT Service Management Processes, and the Corporate Desktop Support team. This requires a deep understanding and commitment to customer service along with a drive for operation excellence to improve service delivery on a global basis.
- Develops and implements processes and standards adhering to industry best practices and responsible for ensuring the integrity, reasonable response times, and availability of IT Service Desk, Network Operations Center, and other support functions.
- Collaborates with other IT leaders in discussions with end users to analyze needs and ensure IT operations and services are optimized to support business processes. Seeks to identify other potential end user customer service enhancements.
- Reviews survey feedback, evaluates Service Level Agreements (SLA) data, and drives deep ticket analysis to identify and implement improvement opportunities to include a focus on accurate first time ticket assignment, decreasing ticket reopen rates, increasing efficiencies in ticket management, and reducing ticket closure time.
- Strengthens service desk ticketing system knowledge base and tiered support model.
- Analyzes data and key performance indicators to develop and publish Service Desk performance metrics. Publishes accessible dashboard reporting on service and delivery.
- Serves as the leader for communication of planned outages, as well as any unplanned Severity one events, to the organization. Collaborates with other IT leaders to review communication methods periodically to identify potential changes in methods to enhance communication effectiveness.
- Leads and mentors managers and team members to maintain qualified and motivated personnel; provides direction through development plans and performance evaluations, monitors workload and responsibilities in support of Hyatt’s vision and mission statements.
- Creates and manages operational budgets for responsible areas. In addition, participates with Information Technology Leadership in planning and managing strategic plans.
- Evaluation of staffing levels based on future business initiatives to support the company purpose.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Hyatt core values
- The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary
- 7-10 years of relevant IT experience required
- 5 years of managing large, global teams preferred
IT Support Management background preferred
High school diploma required
Bachelors degree highly preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
ITIL basic certification and Service / Support certification preferred
Computer Skills Needed to Perform this Job
Past experience in a specific IT function – application or infrastructure preferred
Broad working knowledge of all aspects of technology solutions / stack
Additional Comments and Requirements
Global experience preferred
- Strong communication skills to tailor messages to technical and non-technical audiences of all levels
- Focus on continuous improvement with root cause analysis and associated service design
Primary Location: US-IL-Chicago
Organization: Hyatt Corporate Office
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: CHI008957