Hyatt Senior Internal Auditor in CHICAGO, Illinois
As a member of the Internal Audit Team, the individual will be involved in performing higher level professional internal auditing including leading or conducting financial and compliance audit projects. The audit projects include auditing of hotel level financial and operational controls, as well as, business controls, processes and financial statements in accordance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 to assist the external auditors in their audits of both financial statements and internal controls. The individual will be responsible for overseeing and training staff and interns and will maintain all organizational and professional ethical standards. The individual should be able to work independently under general supervision with considerable latitude for initiative and independent judgment.
- Identifies and evaluates the company’s risk areas and provides key input to the development of the audit plan. Work with management to identify and evaluate risks and controls for business units and processes.
- Performs audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence and documenting client processes and procedures. Conduct interviews, review documents, develop and administer surveys, Compose summary memos and prepare working papers.
- Identifies, develops and documents audit issues and recommendations using independent judgment concerning areas being reviewed.
- Communicate or assist in communicating the results of audit and consulting projects via written reports and oral presentations to management and be a representative of internal audit with various organizational project teams, at management meetings and with external organizations.
- Develops and maintains productive relationships throughout the company through individual contacts and meetings.
- Provides or assists in providing training, coaching and guidance to internal audit staff and interns in conducting audits and other audit-related issues.
- Represent internal audit function on various organizational project teams.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Hyatt core values
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
- At least, three years of full-time in auditing, SOx control testing, accounting or business analysis
Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Information Systems Certificates
Preferred certification as a CPA, CIA, or CISA
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Oracle and/or Hyperion experience preferred
- Experience of operations and related hotel systems, including but not limited to, Oracle, Hyperion, Micros/Info Genesis, iScala, Opera is a plus but not required
- Self-motivated, highly collaborative, and the ability to build trusting relationships at all levels
- Stong analytical ability to understand business processes and related risks and controls
- Excellent communications and presentation skills
- Data analytics skills such as those using ACL or Tableau a plus.
- Strong organizational skills and detail-orientation, with ability to heavily multi-task.
- Possess a can-do attitude, supported by customer-service, collaborative, and leadership abilities.
- A natural curiosity to evaluate and analyze business problems from a variety of perspectives. Record of innovative, fresh thinking, and ability to find new ways to solve old problems.
- Up to 30% travel but may change with business conditions and requirements
Primary Location: US-IL-Chicago
Organization: Hyatt Corporate Office
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: CHI009227
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.