Hyatt Server - Cindy%27s (part-time) in CHICAGO, Illinois
Restaurant Servers at Cindy’s are responsible for the overall dining experience for our rooftop restaurant and bar offering creative cuisine, unique beverages and stunning views of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan. Servers ensure a superior experience for guests through welcoming and introduction, guidance through menu selections, prompt and accurate presentation of dishes and beverages, and attentive service that offers a complete and comfortable experience.
Previously home to an elite athletic and social club, one of Chicago’s most beloved landmarks from the 1890’s is reborn as a bustling hotel playground, featuring a variety of iconic and unique restaurant and nightlife destinations, all in the heart of downtown. More than a restoration, Chicago Athletic Association is a revelation of historic architectural detail, from the grand marble staircases to the incomparable Cindy’s Rooftop, showcasing creative food and drink with unmatched views across Millennium Park and Lake Michigan.
Essential Responsibilities of this position include:
- Deliver memorable and efficient food and beverage service, including restaurant introduction, menu orientation and selections as well as general hotel service
- Enter all menu selections through POS system and provide quick delivery, ensuring accuracy and guest satisfaction.
- Secure payment for all transactions and process according to standards and procedures.
- Assist other team members with food and beverage service to ensure all guests’ expectations are met and exceeded.
- Ensure safe, secure, and healthy facility environment by following all sanitation standards and procedures; complying with health and legal regulations.
Chicago Athletic Association and Hyatt team members work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it's career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment; if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you!
* High school diploma or equivalent required. * Minimum 1 year experience as Server in a full-service restaurant. * Prior experience in a boutique or luxury hotel environment requiring personalized care and in-depth interaction preferred. * Experience with seasonal cuisine, creative beverage concepts and food & wine pairing needed. * Must display ability to work with general computer operations, including restaurant POS software (Micros). * Must be able to communicate professionally in English, both written and verbal. * Conversational abilities in other languages helpful. * Must be able to lift up 25 lbs. * Must be able to safely move through a crowded restaurant area. * Must be able to multi-task and display ability to recognize that the guests’ interests and needs are always primary. * Must be available to work flexible schedule including daytime shifts for lunch and brunch meal periods as well as dinner shifts based on business demands
Primary Location: US-IL-Chicago
Organization: Chicago Athletic Association
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Part-time
Req ID: CHI009571
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.