Hyatt Director of Sales in COLUMBUS, Ohio
Our Hyatt Culture is represented by our mission, values, and goals through: Innovation, Respect, Service-Orientation and Inclusion. Innovative, Hyatt colleagues are forward thinking and passionate as we seek new ways to advance in the hospitality industry. Respect, Hyatt colleagues are inspired by team spirit and camaraderie. Service-Oriented, Hyatt colleagues are customer focused by providing authentic hospitality in every way every time. Diversity and Inclusion, Diversity is an integral part of who we are and what we represent.
As a member of the properties Executive Committee, the Director of Sales is a highly visible role with exposure to Senior and Corporate leadership.
The Director of Sales has direct oversight of the Sales and Marketing operation of the hotel. The DOS has responsibility of the Sales and Marketing Budget/P&L, revenue forecasting, advertising, marketing, developing and writing business plans, and ownership meetings. The DOS is responsible for the supervision of sales managers, trainees, interns, and administrative staff. Additional responsibilities include the recruitment and hiring of sales staff, training, managing and coaching sales managers in their selling process in order to meet company goals and maximize hotel revenues. Must be proficient in general computer knowledge and able to train and monitor both the group and transient contractual agreement process, quoting rates, sending referrals, setting traces, and the management of retention, reactivation, and acquisition accounts. The DOS reports directly to the General Manager and Regional Vice President of Sales responsible for the hotel. Communication and organizational skills are of the utmost importance.
Hyatt colleagues work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it's career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment; if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
- 6 years or more of progressive hotel Sales experience (typically with Hyatt)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with people of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds
- With opening hotels, previous hotel pre-opening experience preferred
- Demonstrated history of success
- Results driven, energetic, and focused
- Service oriented style with professional presentations skills
- Hotel/Hospitality degree an asset
- Must possess the following strengths: high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leader, proven track record in high volume concept, effective communicator, effective in providing exceptional customer service and ability to improve the bottom line
- Clear concise written and verbal communication skills in English
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
Primary Location: US-OH-Columbus
Organization: Hyatt Regency Columbus
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: COL002719
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.