Hyatt Host - Food and Beverage in KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia
Host – Food and Beverage - Hyatt House Kuala Lumpur, Mont Kiara
Come and join us in our journey as we care for people so they can be their best! We believe that being your best is about being your true self - engaged, fulfilled and ready to take on the world.
Hyatt House Kuala Lumpur, Mont Kiara- will mark the first Hyatt House hotel in Malaysia and South East Asia. Located in Mont ’Kiara, an affluent suburb located five kilometers from downtown Kuala Lumpur, the hotel will feature approximately 298 guestrooms, a three-meal restaurant, 3,100 square feet of meeting space, a fitness centre, and a sky pool. Scheduled to open in 2018, the hotel will be part of a larger mixed use development, Arcoris Mont ‘Kiara, which will feature business suites, small home offices (“SoHo”), residential units, and a retail plaza.
At Hyatt House Kuala Lumpur, we believe that being away from home doesn’t mean giving up the life you live. To embody this, Hyatt House hotels offer contemporary experiences in casual home comfort in a welcoming and warm environment that encourages hotel guests to live like residents.
We are currently looking for an experienced Host – Food and Beverage to join us in this exciting journey with the first Hyatt House in South East Asia.
This position reports directly to the Lead Host – Assistant Manager.
An individual with an entrepreneurial spirit and a prominent member within the industry, you will be confident and driven in your approach. You are business savvy and are known for your ability to communicate and negotiate at all levels, are detail orientated and must be able to problem-solve with employees and guests. Must be able to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment and be constantly hands on and ready to lend expertise within other departments of the hotel.
Hyatt House hotels and Hyatt Place hotels are part of the fastest growing segments within Hyatt in Asia Pacific. This is an exciting opportunity for a performance driven individual who wants to develop their career with Hyatt Hotels.
Key Qualifications and requirements:
- Adheres to all Hyatt Hotels hygiene standards and local hygiene laws
- Be Familiar with all coffee, beer, wine and distilled spirits knowledge and be capable to provide excellent beverage service to guests.
- Coordinates with Sales Department and follow up the Food rquest and meeting room setup in BEO. Makes sure to provide satisfied service to meeting planners and meeting guests.
- Coordinates with suppliers or contractors to ensures the daily maintenance and monthly deep cleanness of all kitchen equipments
- Always comply with FIFO (first in/first out) process of Food & Beverage
- Enters orders in the Point of Sales System immediately upon taking the order to ensure items are prepared in a timely fashion Candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted for the next phase of the recruitment process
Malaysia Citizen only
Able communicate, writing and speaking in English
Able to speak other languages will be an advantage
Min SPM or Diploma graduated from Hotel or Catering School
Fresh graduates from are welcome to apply
Primary Location: MY-10-Kuala Lumpur
Organization: Hyatt House Kuala Lumpur
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: KUA000731
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.