Hyatt Senior Event Planning Manager in LONG BEACH, California
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences.
The Senior Event Planning Manager is responsible for selling and servicing hotel services to group business clients. Primary sales efforts are in Banquet Food, Beverage and Meeting Room Rental. Must be able to effectively sell the services of the hotel to gain commitment from the customer and work well with all departments in the hotel to ensure that services are delivered as communicated to the client. Provides guidance to Event Managers and Trainees. Handles key accounts for the hotel thus carrying the highest quota in the department.
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it’s career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
This is not your typical career opportunity. This is the Hyatt Touch.
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment. Refined verbal and written communication skills
- A minimum of 1-3 years of hotel event sales/event planning or comparable experience preferred
- Must be proficient in general computer knowledge
- Candidates should be extremely detail oriented, organized and be able to handle a fast paced environment
- Prefer two years hotel experience or completed Event Management trainee program
- Preferd candidate has completed PSS or equivalent training
Primary Location: US-CA-Long Beach
Organization: Hyatt Regency Long Beach
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Catering/Event Planning
Req ID: LON002885
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.