Hyatt Senior Manager, Field Public Relations – Latin America in MIAMI, Florida
Summary The individual in this role is responsible for developing and implementing public relations and media relations initiatives with a special focus on supporting full service, managed and franchise hotel PR activity in North America.
The individual will also work closely with Latin America regional sales & marketing and operations teams and executives, as well as corporate legal teams for field-level PR needs; individual will be a trusted partner for the Latin America regional director of field marketing and hotels’ public relations representatives; a source of public relations and communications counsel when necessary for other functions; and consultant to the hotel PR teams.
Responsibilities * Works in tandem with Global Field Comms & Issues Management lead, Corporate Communications, North America, Regional Directors of Field Marketing and North America Hotel PR designees to:- Support from a PR perspective hotel and regional marketing/revenue opportunities - To identify opportunities to develop compelling storylines and to ensure that local/regional and corporate/brand messages reinforce and leverage each other - Collaborate on and/or create programs to support the various regional activites such as F&B, sales, marketing, as well as other marketing related programs as they are developed
- Identify current and lifestyle trends, with special focus on partnerships and in F&B and Groups/Meetings business, to create opportunities to position North America hotels and their respective brands as industry leaders and expert resources for news media
- Develop and maintain active contact with local, regional and national press that will benefit Latin America hotels. Field incoming media leads from brand and corporate communications and assist hotels in their management and reply.
- Work with Global Field Comms & Issue Management lead to prepare, develop, consensus for and implement measurable objectives, strategies and action plans to help support hotels or support corporate/brand programs
- Serve as day-to-day contact for Latin America hotels, with a continued focus on Destination Hotel brands, currently in operation and serve as PR counsel for various media relations needs including filming, hotel PR agency search and management support – escalating when appropriate to the Vice President of Corporate Communications.
- Responsible for assisting Global Field Comms and VP of Global Communications with crisis coverage in Latin America region.
- Manage media relations – proactively, by request, or by need - involving hotels or regional executives. Responsible for pitching story and news opportunities to media and, as needed, will coordinate and manage hotel press releases, New York media desksides, talking points, briefing books, media training, support as media liasion at events or tradeshows, supports press release distribution, among other various PR preparation tasks.
- Responsible for managing the regional PR Leadership Awards process in support of talent development/recognition at Latin America hotels.
- Responsible for managing the PR portions of the regional F&B programs and initiatives in support of talent development/recognition at Latin America hotels
- Support Global Communications as needed with internal communications, to include but not limited to the mining of hotel stories and content creation at the field level to ladder up for corporate internal communication needs and channels.
Experience * Minimum of 8 years public relations/corporate communications experience, including managerial/supervisory roles, preferably within the travel and tourism sector, either on the private enterprise or PR agency side * Proficient bi-lingual speaking and writing skills in Spanish and English languages * Extensive media relations experience * Proven ability to write and edit a wide range of materials, including press releases, issue statements, key messages, speeches and ther documents. Writing samples and publicity placement results required * High degree of personal and professional savvy and experience which instils confidence among all internal and external audiences * Ability to lead through consensus building and strong mentoring orientation * Expereince in establishing credibility and presenting programs and ideas persuasively to strong individuals in leadership positions * High level of energy and enthusiasm * Strong communications skills – written and verbal * Crisis management exposure and experience is necessary * Conceptual, strategic and creative thinker with unquestionable integrity * Flexible, stimulated by challenges, open-minded * Agency and company experience highly desired * Extremely sound, consistent judgment * Travel/tourism/hospitality experience a plus Education * B.A./M.A. in Communications, Journalism, English, or Marketing
Primary Location: US-FL-Miami
Organization: Hyatt Corporate Office
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: MIA002055
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.