Hyatt Director of Digital Marketing, China in SHANGHAI, China
The Director of Digital Marketing, China is responsible for the strategy and execution of digital marketing and ecommerce activity for the region. This position will support regional Hyatt visibility by developing digital marketing and ecommerce programs, with the primary goal being increased conversions and revenue on Hyatt.com as well as the Hyatt App in China. Digital marketing efforts will include: search engine marketing (including PPC and SEO), mobile marketing, display advertising, email marketing, marketing via corporate channels and assisting with strategic social media planning. This position will also oversee e-Commerce activity including the regional oversight of hotel websites, apps and mini-sites (including Simplified Chinese) where applicable.
Due to the unique nature of digital platforms in China, this role will also be required to support 3rd party websites, apps and e-Commerce channels which Chinese customers are utilizing to research and book travel (including but not limited to WeChat, Fliggy and Ctrip). This will also include implementing new digital methods to increase loyalty program enrollments, either through direct channels or 3rdparty systems. .
The digital director of China is required to be a thought leader, regularly reviewing new opportunities which can take Hyatt to the next level with our online efforts in the region. This should involve benchmarking ourselves not only against direct competitors and local hotel brands, but also reviewing the efforts of 3rd parties (i.e. Ctrip) and brands across other industries in China (fashion, retail, automotive, etc).
- 8 years minimum experience with digital media planning (SEO, PPC, display, mobile and social platforms) relevant to local market (hospitality experience preferred but not required)
- Previous experience working for or with a digital agency preferred
- Web-related project management experience preferred, along with strong technology and integration knowledge
- This position requires strong knowledge of general Internet marketing practices acquired through formal education or 8 years of on the job experience at manager/director level
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or business management preferred
- Language requirements: Fluent in spoken and written English, as well as Mandarin/Simplified Chinese
Computer Skills Needed to Perform this Job
- Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Word, Outlook
- Adobe Analytics and Doubleclick analytics a plus
- Adobe CQ5/AEM and other enterprise web content management system (CMS) experience a plus
- Some knowledge of system integration projects, API connectivity, etc is a plus
Additional Comments and Requirements
- Must have a strong understanding of web analytics, ability and affinity toward data interpretation
- Develop and communicate digital and e-Commerce performance to hotel leadership, with the ability to make business decisions based on data and performance
- Excellent Oral and Written Communication - must communicate effectively and positively with all levels of the organization
- Adaptable - must be able to adjust to the needs of marketing constituents, along with ever changing advancements in technology
- Team work- Must be able to work in diverse team settings globally. Both with co-workers along with agencies and vendors. A collaborative mindset is critical for this position
Primary Location: CN-31-Shanghai
Organization: Hotel Management (Beijing) Co., Ltd
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: SHA001838
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.