Hyatt Information Technology Internship Miraval Arizona - Full-Time, 1 Year Internship in TUCSON, Arizona
The Miraval work experience intern program will be at least a one year work experience for students with a year of IT education seeking an understanding of the IT and hospitality industry. This level of internship will not rotate and will include performing actual work assignments.
This internship is for students who are either going to school for or have recently completed schooling for IT. Housing is not provided.
Miraval Resort and Spa located in beautiful Tucson Arizona, is looking for an IT Intern. As an IT Intern, you’ll be responsible for troubleshooting and resolving computer software and hardware issues in a timely and efficient manner as our tier 1 support technician. If unable to resolve you’ll document and escalate to tier 2\3.
In this position there will be opportunities to assist with a variety of projects and learn all the nuances of technology in a hospitality environment.
Key responsibilities of a Desktop Support / Junior IT Technician include:
• Ensuring that all hardware and software work properly
• Troubleshooting and identifying software\hardware issues
• Installing and administering computer hardware and software
• Responding in a timely manner to service calls
The ideal IT Intern candidate will have a computer software and hardware background, exceptional communication skills, and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
Strong time management/organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects at one time
Ability to work independently and take initiative
Ability to troubleshoot and resolve computer software and hardware issues in a timely and efficient manner
Knowledge of how PCs, servers, and peripherals work in a networked environment
Ability to troubleshoot and identify network related issues
Strong understanding of Windows 7, 8 and 10
Strong understanding of MS Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016
Printer troubleshooting experience
Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
Ability to stand, bend, squat and/or stoop for extended periods of time
Ability to handle stressful situations in a calm, professional manner
Must have the ability to communicate clearly and directly with all levels of the organization using a positive, clear speaking voice
Must have the ability to work a schedule M-F 8am-5pm
- Leadership and involvement in campus activities
- Positive references from two previous work experiences
- Has a strong understanding of Windows 7 and 10
- Has a strong understanding of MS Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016
- Printer troubleshooting experience
- Good People Skills - Phone and in person
- Can work independently and take initiative
- Excellent communication ability
- Has strong integrity
- Bonus Skills: Basic to intermediate understanding of networking topology and infrastructure, Print Server experience, Has desktop support experience, Phone system management/administration, VMware 5.5, 6.0 or 6.5 Experience, Windows Server 2008 and 2012 R2 Experience, Windows Active Directory Experience
Primary Location: US-AZ-Tucson
Organization: Miraval Arizona Resort and Spa
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: TUC000410
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.