Hyatt Information Technology Manager - Full-Time in TUCSON, Arizona
To maintain, monitor and coordinate all information systems, software updates, hardware requirements and render assistance to end users.
- Plan and develop written policies and procedures for computer operations.
- Resolve system challenges and respond to user requests in a timely manner.
- Monitor daily logs and reports to detect recurring slowdowns and/or errors.
- Adjust hours of work, priorities and assignments to ensure efficient operation.
- Minimize system downtime in a 24 hour operation.
- Serve as an interface between internal staff, outside vendors and contractors to resolve issues.
- Maintain professionalism and Miraval standards at all times.
- Load and test all software upgrades.
- Ensure data integrity on file servers and workstations through security measures, audit procedures, consistent and adequate backups, documentation and disaster recovery.
- Perform installations including terminals, printers, modems, PC's, boards, etc.
- Meet with users regularly to determine quality of service and identify needs.
- Perform on-going maintenance and emergency repairs of equipment.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of service, parts replacement, inventory, etc.
- Know locations of all pertinent computer and phone equipment.
- Provide training to end users in troubleshooting and more common software problems.
- Maintain cleanliness and neatness of work areas.
- Assist operations in website development, maintenance and improvement.
- Follow all safety procedures set forth by the department and Miraval.
- Advise the Director of Business Services of any issues that may affect service to internal or external users.
- Assist and perform any other duties management may request to aid in the operation of guest service and the overall Miraval experience.
Successful candidate's will be able to perform duties as outlined above and possess a clear, articulate and professional written and verbal communication style with all Miraval employees, vendors and guests. Must have strong organizational skills.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor Degree required, Master Degree preferred in Computer Science or closely related field or equivalent required. Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English. Work experience (10-15 years) with hands on DBA duties. Working knowledge of SQL, Crystal Reports, and VMware. Good communication and interpersonal skills. Previous hotel/resort lodging system experience a plus.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to read and interpret retail product labeling. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand use hands to finger, handle or feel. The associate frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The associate is occasionally required to sit; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Primary Location: US-AZ-Tucson
Organization: Miraval Arizona Resort and Spa
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Req ID: TUC000285
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.