Hyatt Assistant Guest Service Manager in VANCOUVER, Canada
At Hyatt, we believe guests select our hotels because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing authentic hospitality and meaningful experiences to each and every guest. Hyatt is a place where high expectations aren't just met-they're exceeded. It's a place of outstanding rewards, where talent opens doors to exciting challenges in the hospitality industry.
Hyatt Regency Vancouver is seeking a talented, career minded, dedicated guest service professional with a passion for excellence to join our Front Office Management team as the Assistant Guest Services Manager.
The Assistant Guest Services Manager is responsible for all Guest Services Departments and Contracts, including Bell, Door, Concierge and Valet services. This highly visible role gives opportunity for casual conversation and has a direct impact on creating the exceptional guest experience. This position requires knowledge of hotel services, OPERA system, local events and venues, and transportation options. This role leads other associates by giving direction, coaching, and would include training, scheduling, payroll and interviewing. Manager on Duty responsibilities is an integral part of this position.
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether its career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
You're more than welcome.
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
- Possess a true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to act independently and with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work various shifts including weekends and holidays (mornings, afternoons, evenings and graveyard).
- At least one year management or supervisory experience in the hospitality industry. Must have previous hotel Front Office and/or customer service experience. Previous Manager on Duty experience preferred.
- Proven strong leadership and coaching skills.
- Must possess excellent and refined communication skills, both written and verbal and with a diverse group of individuals and guests.
- Must be able to make quick and sound decisions and be able to respond to any emergency situations in a mature and professional manner.
- Must possess excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office, spreadsheets, etc.).
- Experience with Opera or other front office software is an asset.
- Previous experience in a unionized environment is preferred.
- Hotel and hospitality degree is an asset.
- Possess the following strengths: high energy, passion for service, entrepreneurial skills, motivational leader, initiative, ability to manage people, effective communicator, effective in providing exceptional customer service, ability to improve the bottom line and excellent time management skills.
- Must have a valid BC Driver's License
- Must have a clean and most recent Driver's Abstract record Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Frequent standing throughout shift
- Frequent walking throughout the shift
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling and lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending stairs and ramps
- Varied shifts including graveyard shifts
Primary Location: CA-BC-Vancouver
Organization: Hyatt Regency Vancouver
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Guest Services
Req ID: VAN001063
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.